Friday, September 7, 2018

Matt Redhawk

It was 2008 when Matt Redhawk took the plunge and turned his passion for survival preparation into a business. Thus, My Patriot Supply came to be. The company sells a line of emergency food, heirloom seeds, and tools. The purpose of which is to equip preppers for survival in the event of a collapse or near collapse of civilization as we know it.

Mr. Redhawk, a serial entrepreneur, has since gone on to create multiple related businesses. Namely, these enterprises are Alexapure, Patriot Pantry, and Colonial Concepts. All provide products ancillary to the needs of the disaster prepper community.

Outside of the business of merchandising products, Mr. Redhawk also writes. He has co-authored a book about the Great Depression titled “Droughts and Dreams” (available on Amazon). Consistent with the same survivalist themed genre, he is the writer and executive producer of a feature film called “Radioflash.” The theme of the movie is about a young girl who struggles to reunite her family following a human-made disaster.

Matt Redhawk practices what he preaches. Today he lives in a remote corner of Northern Idaho, completely off-the-grid, with his wife and two daughters.

What was your best or favorite subject in school?

In my youth, I was always fascinated by science. Although, when I got older, in high school, my interest shifted towards American History.

What was your first job?

My first job was as a lifeguard at a summer resort. I was and still am an excellent swimmer. The position was painfully monotonous at times, but there was an instance where I had to save a girl from drowning. It was my finest hour, a moment I will never forget.

Where and how did you first get into your current industry?

When I was small my grandfather would take us camping. It was on those outings that I fell in love with the outdoors and living off of the land. That eventually evolved into my appreciation for the survivalist lifestyle. It made sense to turn it into a business. It is my passion.

How have your past jobs prepared you for what you do now?

Actually, no job could prepare me for what I do now. My business is all about getting people ready to face something which we all hope never to confront. As such, my thinking is way outside the box. Some folks call us wacky. My point is that they said the same about Noah.

Describe the best day of work you’ve ever had.

The day when I saved that little girl from drowning. It feels good to protect people from harm.

How do you keep yourself motivated?

In my business watching the news on FOX or CNBC is all the motivation I need.

What kind of business ideas most excite you?

Anything that has to do with serving the prepper community would get my attention.

 

Have you ever tried any unusual techniques to attract attention to your business?

There is never a reason to reinvent the wheel. The conventional methods these days have proven to be sufficient. Much of what we do at My Patriot Supply is done online through our website, www.MyPatriotSupply.com.

What personal achievement makes you most proud?

The long and short of it is, no matter how successful of an entrepreneur I am, being a husband and a father are the biggest achievements I’ve ever had.

What wisdom would you have liked to share with yourself before you first started out?

I would stress starting bigger than I did. Our current product line has several more categories. At the time the “think small” approach seemed prudent. Looking back now, I can say that there is such a thing as being too careful in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment